jake's mom

1.28.2005

Bucky, stay away from those cheerleaders...

I was just doing some reading for my class in Criminal Procedure, which mentioned the use of the Wisconsin Dept. of Corrections (sidenote: why in the world is this a dot-com, instead of a dot-gov?) registered sex offenders website.

For those of you not in the know, Wisconsin has mandated that all people convicted of a wide range of sexual assault-type crimes must register with the State. This information is then made available to the public via this website.

Of course, I wanted to see who all was 'out there' in my zip code. Six names showed up, which really isn't alarming concerning the large size of the area and dense housing available. For my next search, I wanted to know if there were any listed on campus at the UW, and fortunately there were not (although I wonder if Langdon Street is part of 53706).

And then I stumbled across something. In area code 53703, which is adjacent to the UW campus (and also where I lived last year) there is a registered sex offender listed as "Bucky." Say it ain't so! Never again will I look at our beloved mascot in the same way.
posted by brian at 4:29 PM | Permalink

0 Comment(s) - Click to View/Hide

 

 
 


[ contributors ]
-contact us-
C
brian
nick
jp

[ links ]
friends
curious character
common sense dancing
phonograph
relative path
takecover!
politics
american progress
daily kos
democracy for america
talking points memo
andrew tobias
tech
engadget
slashdot
tunes
angels twenty
coolfer
kexp
largehearted boy
soma fm
stereogum
the big ticket
ttiktda


Add to MyYahoo This page is powered by Blogger.