jake's mom

2.04.2005

More on Russ '08?

After Nick's post the other day, it seems as if I've been seeing more and more news on the possibility of Russ Feingold running in 2008. Today it's been courtesy this article (free reg. required) from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, as well as a good post from my somewhat-right leaning law professor.

I've been thinking about this possibility for some time, just as many other Madisonians surely have, and I've got to say I'm pleased to hear he's testing the waters. I'm not saying he's the right man for the job (yet), but his inclusion in the process would certainly help to bring the party back to their fundamental democratic roots (and end the horrific middle-moving tendencies of the DNC).

More importantly, I think what the left needs most is a good dose of charisma. Russ certainly is aware of this missing factor - in the above article he mentions Clinton, Geedub and Schwarzenegger as imperfect people but perfect candidates due to their ability to connect with common people. Obviously Kerry had a hard time doing this. So did Gore, to some extent. I think Russ is a candidate that may be able to connect.

Can I smell a Feingold/Obama (or Obama/Feingold) ticket? Or maybe a ticket with Edwards?
posted by brian at 11:13 AM | Permalink

0 Comment(s) - Click to View/Hide

 

 
 


[ contributors ]
-contact us-
C
brian
nick
jp

[ links ]
friends
curious character
common sense dancing
phonograph
relative path
takecover!
politics
american progress
daily kos
democracy for america
talking points memo
andrew tobias
tech
engadget
slashdot
tunes
angels twenty
coolfer
kexp
largehearted boy
soma fm
stereogum
the big ticket
ttiktda


Add to MyYahoo This page is powered by Blogger.