jake's mom

3.09.2005

Fred Durst continues the Rage Against the Machine legacy? Ha.

I'm not even going to talk about the whole Fred Durst sex tape thing. Ick.

Instead, I stumbled across a recent interview where Mr. Durst discusses how Rage Against the Machine is an influence:

"Emotionally, I was affected a lot by Rage Against the Machine, not specifically the literal intention of the words or what it was about, but the feel, the sound, those phrases that got me," Durst said. "And I believe this [Limp Bizkit's new sound] is exactly where they left off."

In the very next paragraph, Durst goes on to explain how some stupid thing President Bush said is his personal motto.

"But it's almost like President Bush said, 'You can't confuse the enemy. You send out a message and you gotta stick to it. You can't go up and down.'"

Do you think he actually has listened to Rage? Durst reminds me of Hansel from Zoolander - "Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."
posted by brian at 4:36 PM | Permalink

0 Comment(s) - Click to View/Hide

 

 
 


[ contributors ]
-contact us-
C
brian
nick
jp

[ links ]
friends
curious character
common sense dancing
phonograph
relative path
takecover!
politics
american progress
daily kos
democracy for america
talking points memo
andrew tobias
tech
engadget
slashdot
tunes
angels twenty
coolfer
kexp
largehearted boy
soma fm
stereogum
the big ticket
ttiktda


Add to MyYahoo This page is powered by Blogger.