jake's mom

3.26.2007

"I surrounded myself with doctors and deep thinkers, but big heads with soft bodies make for lousy lovers."

So I keep preaching about the Hold Steady but nobody seems to want to jump on the bandwagon with me. Therefore, I'll offer up another nugget of Cheap Trick + Bruce Springsteen + a dash of Elvis Costello for you all. This one's called "Stuck Between Stations," and its the opening track and second single off their latest, Boys and Girls in America. You've gotta love those Jack Kerouac references tossed together with Minnesota allusions. Not to mention Franz's sweet Rollie Fingers mustache. Watch the video, love the music. Thank me later.

Update: If I've finally hooked you, you can watch their first single off this album here.

Labels: , ,

posted by brian at 10:54 AM | Permalink

2 Comment(s) - Click to View/Hide

 

 
 


[ contributors ]
-contact us-
C
brian
nick
jp

[ links ]
friends
curious character
common sense dancing
phonograph
relative path
takecover!
politics
american progress
daily kos
democracy for america
talking points memo
andrew tobias
tech
engadget
slashdot
tunes
angels twenty
coolfer
kexp
largehearted boy
soma fm
stereogum
the big ticket
ttiktda


Add to MyYahoo This page is powered by Blogger.