jake's mom

5.15.2007

Jerry Falwell

I was surprised by the death of Jerry Falwell today. I am having a hard time knowing what to think of this situation, but I know there are a lot of strong opions out there. I was reading the comments section about the story on ThinkProgress.org, and I have to say, I was disheartened to see the joy and gloating that some people had from another person's death. I have never been able to get my head around the idea of being pleased that someone died, and it reminded me of another situation in which I had similar feeling; when I read that Saddam Hussein had been killed. Obviously that was a more major event in world history, but I similary had the feeling that there was probably a little less hatred in the world after his passing. I could not, however, feel good about his death. Instead, I wish comfort to his family and friends, and the mercy of God on his soul.

Disagree? Have your own strong opinions? Let me know in the comments. How does anyone else feel?

Labels: , ,

posted by C at 2:51 PM | Permalink

4 Comment(s) - Click to View/Hide

 

 
 


[ contributors ]
-contact us-
C
brian
nick
jp

[ links ]
friends
curious character
common sense dancing
phonograph
relative path
takecover!
politics
american progress
daily kos
democracy for america
talking points memo
andrew tobias
tech
engadget
slashdot
tunes
angels twenty
coolfer
kexp
largehearted boy
soma fm
stereogum
the big ticket
ttiktda


Add to MyYahoo This page is powered by Blogger.